Hotel Sutter and The Sutter Restaurant, located in Sutter Creek, CA – the heart of California’s Gold Country – warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the age and design of our 160-year old inn, the property is not entirely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the property’s historical significance.
Physical barriers include the following:
- All guest rooms are on the 2nd & 3rd floors; a member of our staff will happily carry your belongings to your room.
- Our elevator is slow but sound – please be patient
- Due to the historic nature of the building and street, the entrance to the hotel has a slope greater than 2% grade.
- Due to the historic nature of the town and building materials, sidewalks are not level.
- No handicapped parking is available onsite; however, street-front handicapped-accessible parking is available on Main Street, a few doors down from the hotel.
So that all guests may enjoy Hotel Sutter and The Sutter Restaurant, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers at our property. We offer the following accommodations for those with disabilities:
- One ADA-accessible room per floor to accommodate the unique needs of our guests.
- The Queen ADA-accessible rooms feature bathrooms with grab bars, roll-in showers with fold-down seating, a hand-held shower head, a roll-under vanity, a lower mattress for easy entry, and strobe light doorbells.
- The front entrance to the hotel is wide enough for a wheelchair, but note that the slope is greater than 2%.
- The Sutter Restaurant is located on the first floor.
- A wheelchair lift accesses the The Copper Room Wine & Whiskey Lounge.
- Dining on the second-floor balcony is available via a slow (but sound) elevator.
We aim to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Hotel Sutter and The Sutter Restaurant can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA include:
- Our standard operating procedure strives to ensure that individuals with disabilities are able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features and physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room meets their accessibility needs.
- Our standard operating procedure ensures that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our client’s right to privacy of disclosure.
- Once reserved, we guarantee that an accessible guest room is held for the reserving customer and removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible accommodation is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where the public is allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 209-267-0242 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Periodically, our website is tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.